HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Access Vioation after Upgrade to 1.5

I just downloaded and followed the instructions for the 1.5 upgrade. I got an upgrade successful from installer.php, but when I go to admin.php, I get this error:

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01028E5E

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Hi Jeff,

Can you tell me about your setup, OS, PHP version, PHP as CGI?

We have a few other customers with this issue but it seems to be random. It’s never happened in any testing and we can’t replicate it here.

Ian

I am running:
Windows XP SP2 fully patched
IIS 5
PHP 5.1.5
Not sure what PHP as CGI means

Thanks Jeff. PHP can be installed in ISAPI mode or CGI mode. It’s no problem if you’re not sure which it is. Are you running HelpSpot on a server or it’s on a desktop right now?

Oh, yeah. It’s running in ISAPI mode and it’s on a desktop.

I put that file in place, restarted IIS, not the entire computer, and still get the same error:

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01028E5E

Thanks Jeff. I think we’re on to the solution. It’s being worked on now and I’ll be sending out an email when it’s available. If I need any other information on the issue from you I’ll send over an email. Thanks for your patience with this.

Not a problem. Thank you.

I installed the update. Now, I can log in, but when I click on anything, it takes me back to the login screen. If I log in again, I’m taken to the item that I clicked on. If I click on Admin, then re-login, I’m taken to the Admin screen, but the graphs do not show. They just have the red “X” placeholders.

Just installed the patched admin.php and get the same result.

Can you check that there’s a table in your database for HS_Sessions or HS_Sessions2

I have HS_Sessions. I’m not logged into the program, but I do have an entry in the table. Should I not have?

I just realized you are actually on a slightly older patch. Try the newest which should delete the HS_Sessions table and create a HS_Sessions2 table which is correct. You’ll need to overwrite the files and run the installer. I’ll send the link in email.

I downloaded the latest version, installed the patched admin.php and re-ran the installer. Everything appears to be working properly now.

Thank you so much for your help. I’ll let you know if I see any other issues.

Thanks again.

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!

Ok it’s been a bit of a rough day :slight_smile:

Please do let me know if you hit anything else.