HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Admin.php Call to undefined function utf8_strpos() custom_page

Hello, I copied my custom page over to the new beta HelpSpot and am getting the following exception when trying to open the link

Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException thrown with message "Call to undefined function utf8_strpos()"

Stacktrace:
#1 Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException in /var/www/helpspot/lib/util.lib.php:93
#0 Illuminate\Exception\Handler:handleShutdown in <#unknown>:0

Also, everything else is working great.
I’m using Debian (v7.8) Wheezy. I had to install the dependencies of Apache 2.4.10/PHP5.6.7-1/mysql 5.5.43 from the test repositories. We use turnkey servers for backups and restores, and the latest turnkey version is 13 which uses Debian Wheezy, fyi.

Ah Thanks Phillip, we’ll get this fixed up! Thanks also for the info on the Debian setup.

Hi Ian,

We have got the same issue on a Windows Server 2012 R2 installation, with IIS 8 and SQL Server 2012.
Here the debug trace:

Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException thrown with message "Call to undefined function utf8_strpos()"

Stacktrace:
#1 Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException in C:\Program Files (x86)\helpspot\helpspot\helpspot\lib\util.lib.php:93
#0 Illuminate\Exception\Handler:handleShutdown in <#unknown>:0

Regards.