HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Admin.php IE Cannot display the webpage error after install

I moved HelpSpot from a test server to a production server. Both servers running Server 2008 R2, IIS 7, SQL Server 2008 R2. I ran a scripted install on the new machine, copied the database over, and configured the db permissions. Now, I have two problems:

1. I can not access admin.php. IE8 returns an “IE cannot display the page” error, and Chrome reverts to the default HS page. To eleminate any file permissions issues, I have gone so far as to set permissions on the Helpspot folder to Everyone - Full Permission.

2. Helpspot now looks like my installation has lost a css file. Browsers display default fonts, no graphics, etc. for HelpSpot’s default page.

Any / all recommendations are GREATLY appreciated!

Hi Darrell,

Did you just copy the files? You need to actually rerun the Windows installer and reinstall the entire thing. You can then edit config.php to point to your existing DB rather than the new one it will have created in the installer.

This is required because PHP needs to be actually installed in IIS (or Apache if you choose that option) so there’s more going on than just the HelpSpot files.