HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Bug with re-attaching attachments?

Since the update to 4.5.4 I’ve been having issues re-attaching files.

They attach fine from a response or forwarding a ticket with attachments, but upon sending I was getting an error.

I saw that there is an update to solve this (4.5.6?) but this hasn’t fixed it. When forwarding emails, I’m getting the following error;

Swift_RfcComplianceException thrown with message "Invalid ID given <@our.emailaddress.com>"

Stacktrace:
#9 Swift_RfcComplianceException in /../public_html/help/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/IdentificationHeader.php:175
#8 Swift_Mime_Headers_IdentificationHeader:_assertValidId in /../public_html/help/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/IdentificationHeader.php:116
#7 Swift_Mime_Headers_IdentificationHeader:setIds in /../public_html/help/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/IdentificationHeader.php:87
#6 Swift_Mime_Headers_IdentificationHeader:setId in /../public_html/help/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/IdentificationHeader.php:63
#5 Swift_Mime_Headers_IdentificationHeader:setFieldBodyModel in /../public_html/help/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleMimeEntity.php:592
#4 Swift_Mime_SimpleMimeEntity:_setHeaderFieldModel in /../public_html/help/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleMimeEntity.php:199
#3 Swift_Mime_SimpleMimeEntity:setId in /../public_html/help/helpspot/lib/class.hsmailer.php:163
#2 hs_mailer:hs_attachdocs in /../public_html/help/helpspot/lib/api.requests.lib.php:832
#1 apiProcessRequest in /../public_html/help/helpspot/pages/request.php:394
#0 unknown in /../public_html/help/admin.php:451

(I’ve removed our email and server paths myself… it’s not being that weird!)

The email then doesn’t send, though still appears in the ticket as if it has been sent. :frowning:

Anyone else having this, or is my install screwed?

Dan

Hi Dan,

Sorry about that, this is a bug we thought we had fixed in the previous release but that was not the case. We are working on getting a fix out now and it should be available shortly.

Hi Eric

Grand - will look forward to the update!

Another issue is HS never tells me there is an update. Just FYI. Could be our side mind. Just didn’t know until I looked today :slight_smile:

Dan

Dan,

Sorry, we didn’t get it out yesterday but Version 4.5.7 is now released with this fix in place.

As for the notifications are you running offline or behind a firewall? That could cause it.

Hi Eric

Great! I’ll get our install updated next week and retest then :slight_smile:

Notifications: Neither. It’s online and not behind a firewall. It used to work but since 4.5.4 it hasn’t.

(I realise this is now off topic so I’ll create a new one if need be!)

Dan

Hi Eric,
Just to let you know - this is now fixed! :slight_smile:
Dan