HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Categories which allow Update and Close

Hello,

The Update and Close button correctly stops the staffer from closing a ticket currently set to Active status, as well as a couple others I think. However, there are some custom statuses for which we’d like to enable this feature so that the staffer is not allowed to close a ticket in that status.

I don’t see a way to do this from the GUI, nor do I see a way to do this in the database, looking at the Category table.

Is there a way to change this in the back-end?

It would be nice to have this feature available in the Settings GUI.

Hmmm. Interesting. That’s a good idea. You can’t currently configure that, but it’s something I’ll put down for consideration in a future release. It will definitely take some work since currently there’s internal code which is checking for the active status, but having this option for other status types could really be useful.

Yes, I can see that having this in the code would make it more work. A new column in the DB “fAllowClose” makes sense. I would certainly make use of this feature. Thanks!

Yep, the implementation would probably be along those lines. The feature list for v2 is pretty huge so I don’t know if this will make it in there, but it’s definitely on the list for a future release.