HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Column widths are all wonky

I have created a custom text field to store a Title for each Request. But when I view the requests in my queue, the column widths are not how I would like (or expect) them to be. I have a screen shot if you would like to see it. As an example, the Customer column which only stores a person’s name is much wider then it needs to be (almost half the width of the screen); and the Request Title column (which potentially holds a long string of text) is very narrow and it forces the data to wrap onto several lines.

I have two questions:

1. How does the application decide what the column widths should be?
  2. Can the widths be adjusted to suit the data?

Cheers,

Paul Hobbs

Hi Paul,

Yes, the columns are a combination of default widths and some are set by the browser based on the size of the table. Good news here though, in the next release you can set the exact width values you want in your filter. This release will be out in January.

Outstanding!! Bring on January!

Thanks for the quick reply.

By the way - I’m loving the application. And so are my customers.

Excellent Paul, that’s always great to hear!

Hey Ian,

Hate to necro another thread, but we’re running into this as well. Where can I find this setting to change the width of columns in the Workspace?

Found it by accidentally clicking on the numbers next to the columns. But I never found any documentation on it. :frowning:

Yep, that’s it!

I’m not sure if that’s explicitly documented, we’ll take a look.