What type of system are you using (or recommend) for customer management (such as a specific program or your own custom program?) We are a mISV and are looking for one “out of the box” if possible, as we have limited development resources to have one programmed/customized for us. We currently have a custom MS Access database that we use to keep customer information, but we are interested in changing to one that is web-based and can tie in with HelpSpot (maybe through Live Lookup).
We are looking at HelpSpot to manage emails, support articles and a forum, so I wanted to see what is recommended/used to manage customer information and records.
The main features/records we need are:
- Customer contact info (name, address, email, etc)
- Order history (when they purchased, which version/edition, etc)
- Serial numbers of the software they have purchased
- Activations and licenses for their software (name of computer that was activated and when, if it’s active or deactivated, etc)
- Subscriptions (service plans and renewals, etc)
Does anyone have any recommendations?