HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Custom templates being ignored

Hi -

I have read the info on using the custom_template folder to override templates. I copied css.tpl.php from helpspot/templates and modified a:link as follows:

a:link
{
color: #ff0000;
text-decoration: none;
}

I would, of course, expect this to display all non-visited links on the knowledge book page as red with no underline. Instead, they all appear blue with underline.

The link color specified in css.tpl.php is #3366cc; but inspection of the rendered page in firebug shows it set to #0000ff; (which of course matches the standard blue I’m seeing). The only place I can find this blue value is in a file called default.css in the root of the installation.

Am I misconfigured? might there be other issues?

You’re editing in the correct place, check your file perms perhaps the web server can’t read in your changed file. If you want to post or email in a link to your portal I can check it out.

Hi Ian -

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been out a week.

Unfortunately this installation is on our intranet & because we store sensitive information in it our IT staff is understandably unwilling to provide an external link.

I can tell you that there are no messages in the error log. Ownership/permissions on the custom_templates folder and its contents are exactly the same as those on the helpspot/pages & helpspot/templates folders and their contents.

If you can suggest any troubleshooting steps I could take, I’d be happy to do so. Sorry I can’t make it available directly.

Tim

You could erase everything out of it, that would make it very obvious as the page would lose all it’s formatting.

Same problem as http://www.helpspot.com/helpdesk/index.php?pg=forums.posts&id=6872.

I can see the files being edited. I’ve changed permissions. But the only templates that seem to get picked up are the originals.

Note that this is using subportals and we’re using a subportal as our main page, per the manual - in case that makes a difference.

It’s usually a problem with paths, make sure for the secondary portal you have the correct path to the secondary portal folder in “File System Directory Path”