HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Does ## signature ## work?

Hi Ian,

I am looking at including as much info as possible into the public notes emails which go out to customers. I see that ##SIGNATURE## is an available placeholder, but cannot figure out what it does.

I got an email this morning that I cc’d myself on and I only got my notes and the request check URL part. The template form starts with ##MESSAGE##, ##SIGNATURE##, ##LASTCUSTOMEREMAIL## but it seems only “message” is included in the email. That, or the other items are empty.

Because the email to the customer doesn’t contain the information like who updated/closed the ticket, I would like to be able to include more information like that. Could you get us placeholders for ##NAME## (staffer name who updated the ticket last) and ##STATUS## (current ticket status)?

One other thing about emails: Is there no template sent to the default staffer on portal submit? The email we get doesn’t look anything like the templates availble to modify.

Thanks!
-Alan

Hi Alan,

To use the signature the logged in user my have a signature set in Settings in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Anything in the signature box will be inserted into the email where the ##SIGNATURE## tag appears. That can take care of the name part, but will not include the status. We’ve got a feature request in for adding status and such to the tags available in predefined responses which should help out once that’s included.

I’m not sure what you mean by the emails to the default staffer? The staff is sent the staff notification email no matter how the request is received. So if it’s by email or portal the same format of staff notification email goes out.