I managed to get it to work by setting up Kerberos and getting a ticket. Here’s what I did:
- Edit the krb5.conf file to match your domain environment
- Create a script to check the mail that creates the ticket if it does not exist already then checks the mail:
/usr/kerberos/bin/klist -c /var/tmp/apache | grep -q krbtgt || echo | /usr/kerberos/bin/kinit -c /var/tmp/apache
- Add another crontab entry that renews the kerberos ticket every hour:
/usr/kerberos/bin/kinit -R -c /var/tmp/apache
I’m sure that this can be tweaked and improved, but it seems to be working just fine for us. I also passed this info on to Ian.