HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Extra <br> tag between message and signature

Hi,

This is similar to the forum post: http://www.helpspot.com/helpdesk/index.php?pg=forums.posts&id=6900

I am seeing that there is an extra
tag that is inserted in between the message and the signature paragraph blocks. This is causing a formatting issue that puts the signature a 2-3 lines too low.

The raw message looks like this:

MESSAGE BODY

SIGNATURE

The

tag is defined as to have some kind of line feed around it, and the
causes more line feeds :-(. I would like to have control over this if possible, but if not, can we remove the
somehow?

I would prefer it looked like this:

MESSAGE BODY

SIGNATURE

Thank you so much! Still love your product!

You could add a CSS block to the email to control the spacing. You’d do that in Admin->Tools->Modify Email Templates

Thanks Ian! I was able to format it how I wanted with the following CSS in the signature

All the best,
NAME

Hi Ian,

This solution does work, but there seem to be certain times where the body of the public note is not wrapped in

tags. I am not sure what causes this logic, but the CSS makes the signature freak out and overwrite the bottom line when the body is not in a

tag.

I think the users who are seeing this are using their iPads with Safari and logging into the normal web interface.

Perhaps the signature could be extracted from the ##MESSAGE## placeholder and put inside it’s own placeholder? Then the CSS for the signature could be controlled by the email templates?

Sometimes the public note is quoted as follows (this CSS works great)

PUBLIC NOTE

All the best,
SIGNATURE

Sometimes the public note is quoted as follows (this time CSS messes things up)

PUBLIC NOTE

All the best,
SIGNATURE