HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

How to add a "bcc:" to every new request?

Forgive me if this has been asked before. If so, then my search skills have utterly failed me.

In my workplace, our small IT group has always been in the habit of copying ALL of our help desk correspondence to a group distribution list, so that everyone is kept “in the loop”. While on the one hand, it’s a pain in the keester to have to scan through all of this email, there are some advantages given our small size, the nature of our business and the type of support that we provide. I had assumed that I could do this with an automation rule, but there doesn’t appear to be an option.

In addition, I’m looking for a way to share private notes. It is very important to us that we have a way of automatically copying private notes to the group.

Thanks!

Hi Mark,

This can be done as of version 2.7 so you’ll need to upgrade if you don’t have that yet installed. To configure it simply add the email address in the configuration option for this in Admin->Settings->Email Integration->Global BCC

Excellent! Thanks Ian.

In fact, I had just upgraded two days ago Can’t believe that I missed that one! Will that also bcc all private notes?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I would also like to know whether or not private notes are BCCed with Global BCC enabled.

Private notes are not emailed so they can’t be BCC’d in that sense. However, you can select staff to notify under the notification options and each staffer will get their own email notification.