HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Installation error

Hi,

I’m setting up a new installation of HelpSpot for testing purposes on a different server to our current live installation.

On installation I’m receiving the below error, the same error occurs when running the installation from the CLI or Web.

I’ve attempted to install both version 4.8.3 and 4.6.10 (Our current live version).

The server is running Centos 7, PHP 7.0.30, 10.2.15-MariaDB and passes the pre-installation checks.

{“error”:{“type”:“Exception”,“message”:“Call to undefined function adodbErrors()\n#0 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/helpspot/adodb/adodb.inc.php(4630): ADOConnection::outp(‘Missing file: /…’)\n#1 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/helpspot/adodb/adodb.inc.php(4746): ADOLoadCode(‘mariadb’)\n#2 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/helpspot/lib/util.lib.php(135): ADONewConnection(‘mariadb’)\n#3 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/install/HS/Install/Installer/InstallRepository.php(167): hsInitDB()\n#4 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/install/HS/Install/Installer/Handlers/ConfigureHandler.php(134): HS\Install\Installer\InstallRepository->importApi()\n#5 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/helpspot/HS/CommandBus/DefaultCommandBus.php(25): HS\Install\Installer\Handlers\ConfigureHandler->handle(Object(HS\Install\Installer\Commands\ConfigureCommand))\n#6 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/install/HS/Install/Installer/Cli/InstallCommand.php(210): HS\CommandBus\DefaultCommandBus->execute(Object(HS\Install\Installer\Commands\ConfigureCommand))\n#7 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(112): HS\Install\Installer\Cli\InstallCommand->fire()\n#8 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(261): Illuminate\Console\Command->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))\n#9 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(100): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))\n#10 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(870): Illuminate\Console\Command->run(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))\n#11 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(199): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand(Object(HS\Install\Installer\Cli\InstallCommand), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))\n#12 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(117): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))\n#13 /var/www/mysite.com/public_html/hs(63): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()\n#14 {main}”,“file”:"/var/www/mysite.com/public_html/helpspot/HS/Vendor/Illuminate/Exception/Handler.php",“line”:47}}

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jamie

Hi!

The important part of that error looks to be cut off a bit: ADOConnection::outp(‘Missing file: /…’) (not your fault, it’s the way the stack trace decides to truncate long strings).

That being said, a database error of “missing file” in my experience means that it’s attempting to connect to MySQL (mariadb in your case) using hostname localhost.

In MySQL/MariaDB, using hostname localhost attempts to connect to the unix socket file (instead of the TCP network on 127.0.0.1). If MySQL/MariaDB is not running, the socket file won’t exist, and you’ll end up with the missing file error.

So, my best guess here is that MariaDB is installed but hasn’t yet been enabled/turned on:

I don’t remember off the top of my head the service name for mariadb on CentOS - it might be mysql or mysqld or mariadb, but these commands should be run to ensure it’s running (change the service name from mysql as needed):

sudo systemctl enable mysql
sudo systemctl start mysql

Wow, 11 months later! Apologies for that, it looks like the feed I get for messages that got no response surfaced this much later for some reason.