HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Installation on WINDOWS

I am trying to install helpspot but when I submit the installation form, I get the message “Whoops, looks like something went wrong”. or “there was an error”. The debug console says:

Exception (64)
HELP
language::__construct(): Failed opening required ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\helpspot\helpspot/helpspot/lang/cHD_LANG/lg.charset.php’ (include_path=‘C:\Program Files (x86)\helpspot\helpspot\vendor/phpseclib/phpseclib/phpseclib;C:\Program Files (x86)\helpspot\helpspot/helpspot/pear;C:\Program Files (x86)\helpspot\helpspot/helpspot/lib’) #0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Exception\Handler->handleShutdown() #1 {main}

My system is WINDOWS.

How to bypass such error?

It has been more than 10 days since I opened this thread. Other thread opened after this one has been solved but not this one, not even one reply. Ok, It looks like no one is able to fix this piece of junk.

Hey there,
Your language setting in the database never got set which indicates that the database did not populate during the install. I would recommend retrying the install and making sure that your system meets the minimum requirements https://helpspot.com/requirements.

It looks like you are using the free version of Helpspot which has support through our forums, but support response times will vary. Our paid version includes unlimited phone and email support for issues like this.