HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

New install - Customer Portal

Helpspot installed and running.

The ‘Portal’ Link directs back to the same instance of Helpspot, meaning the same page you just were on. It just opens a new window with the existing page you just left.

Did I miss something for activating the customer portal on the install? I RTFMed and searched here but as yet, no joy.

Thanks
Daniel

Hmm I’m not sure I’m entirely clear on what you mean. If you mean the portal link in the admin.php page that should open a menu that drops down and you select your portal from that. If you’re not seeing that it could be something wrong with your javascript or browser.

What browser are you using? Can you post a screenshot of your admin.php UI?

" If you mean the portal link in the admin.php page that should open a menu that drops down and you select your portal from that."

Correct, if on the admin page, you select portal and then the link, it re-opens the admin page in a new window, not the customer portal proper.

D

OK can you post an image to your admin page, I wonder if something isn’t loading correctly. Does the page look broke in any way? Can you try an alternate browser?

I can but not at the moment, the link directs to admin.php?, if I replace admin with index, it works fine. Configuration error?

Not sure how technical you are, if you are :slight_smile: you could try looking in the browsers console and see if there’s any errors. Also, what browser and version and have you tried another browser?

Firefox 38.0.5
Chrome 43.0.2357.124 m

same results

I think you’ll probably need to email into support with your URL and access information so we can take a look around. It seems odd that only that one button is not working correctly, we haven’t seen that before.

Thanks,

It functions with a direct link, just not from the helpspot 'portal" link. I’m setting this on the back burner but will return when the other fires are out.

One miracle at a time. :wink:

Daniel

OK sounds good :slight_smile: if everything else seems to be working you should be ok.