HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Php memory limit errors on install

I am receiving the following errors when trying to install helpspot:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3412956 bytes) in …/helpspot/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 139

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3413424 bytes) in …/helpspot/adodb/adodb-lib.inc.php on line 1008

The errors appear once config.php has been created and before the 1st installation page loads.

Current memory limit is 32MB, but increasing it results in the same error with bigger numbers.

Apache 2, php 4.3.10, zend optimizer 2.6.2 and 3.0.2 (tried both)

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

Hi Barry,

First, you can keep Zend 2.6.2 that should be fine. 32mb should be enough for the installation and general operations. My guess is that PHP can’t connect to MySQL or there’s some type of issue with the connection which is causing memory to go out of control and you run out.

Those line numbers indicate that when the system tries to use the connection things aren’t working. Do you have other PHP applications on that server accessing MySQL? If not you should try downloading phpMyAdmin which is a PHP based MySQL management tool (Just search for the name to find it). See if you can get that to install. If not it may be able to indcate what the problem it.

Let me know how you make out.

Same problem here
using php 4.4 or php 5.2

I can connect fine to the database with phpmyadmin

Hi Philippe,

I think we just spoke and the issue was that you needed to go to installer.php in your browser. I just wanted to post that here in case others come across this thread.

Resolved:
don’t try to access the index.php or /
Go directly to installer.php by typing it in the URL