HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Request Updated and "{user} is updating reuest" should notify you when a new update was saved while you are looking at a request

Request Updated and “{user} is updating reuest” should notify you when a new update was saved while you are looking at a request

Hi HelpSpotters!

Here is something I think would improve the product. Today when I am viewing a request I can see if someone else is editing it, or if they stop editing it. I also get a popup when I Update the request that says “Request Updated”.

However these result in my regularly refreshing my screen to find out if the other co-worker actually finished their response or decided not to save anything.

Here are 3 changes that would really help clarify what is happening here for larger teams:

1. Make the “Request Updated” banner disappear after I save an update. Then re-appear if there is another update by someone else.
  2. Make the "{user} is Editing this request also say “{user} has updated the request” if they submit their change
  3. Make the history below my update dynamically refresh with new posts by others (ajax like) without me refreshing the request. Or at least have a “view more recent updates” link so that I know there was a newer history i am not viewing.

I think any combination of these items would help us better manage the ticket update process. Any one of them would help. Thanks!

Bill