HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Segmentation fault

i have installed apache php5 mysql, and all modules you require.

When i try to setup a script. I get php error

[Mon Dec 21 14:18:16 2009] [notice] child pid 3971 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

it probably has to do with zend optimizer, i have tryed zend optimizer 3.3.3 and 3.2.8 same error happends

Hi Dejan,

You most likely need to upgrade to ZO 3.3.9 if you’re on Linux. It can be downloaded from our installation page: http://www.userscape.com/helpdesk/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=3

I can confirm that Solaris 10 u8 x86 running PHP 5.2.11 with Zend Optimizer 3.3.0 does the same thing with HelpSpot 2.7.0

Since Zend Optimizer no longer supports Solaris (grr) I will need to replatform to either Linux, OS X, or FreeBSD.

Hi Nate,

We now offer an IonCube build as well, so you may want to look into that. I believe it supports Solaris. It’s available on the download page, link is in the 2.7 email.

Would that require the IonCube decoder or the PHP accelerator (or both)?

It would require the IonCube decoder. The PHP accelerator is I believe a bytecode cacher and isn’t required. I’m not sure how that would affect things actually.

IoncCube can be installed along side Zend Optimizer if you want to try it out.

In theory IonCube accelerator would cache the code into memory which is good for performance but causes some wonkiness with an upgrade (have to flush the cache).

I will try the IonCube decoder and report back what I find out.

Solaris 10u8 x86 with PHP 5.2.11/Apache 2.2.12 works with HS 2.7.0 and ionCube

We haven’t tested it with any accelerators so I wouldn’t mess with that, at least not in production. HelpSpot is used in some pretty high volume installations without them so I think generally for an app like HS they’re not necessary.

Ah, good to know it works there!