HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Sort by Age

I’ve recently re-installed and transferred an existing HS installation onto new SQL & IIS servers. Everything working fine apart from one thing:

On the old installation, tickets were always listed by age (with most recent tickets at the top), on my new installation, they aren’t kept to the same order. If I click on the Age heading it will sort them (and show this via the blue arrow next to the heading), but as soon as I navigate to a different page it loses the setting.

Any help gratefully received

thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

When using sorting the system doesn’t remember the sort order you had after you leave. What you could do though is create a filter with the order you like and use the filter instead (you can even make it your default workspace).

Thanks Ian, it’s on the main inbox that the tickets are appearing in a random order, they always used to be in age (or ticket id maybe ?) order ?

I’ve made a filter which achieves that, but obviously that’s down in the global filters section rather than in the prominent inbox spot

Actually, I’ve just noticed something - since I moved the install, newly issued ticket numbers are being created too low (one of my last tickets before the move was 31406, tickets being created since the move are 125nn).

Can the ticket id counter be reset ?

Ah, that’s the problem. It shouldn’t be reusing those, it sounds like there was a problem with your move. Make sure xRequest is an auto-increment column. If it’s not that’s the problem, but also there are many other auto-increment columns (one in nearly every table) so you might want to put the system in maintenance mode to prevent more requests coming in until you see if this import worked correctly. Perhaps none of the indexes were moved for some reason?

Thanks Ian, have checked xRequest in dbo.HS.Reques (under columns) and ’ Is Identity’ is set to Yes, so assume that’s correct ?

The db was originally on a SQL2000 box, I did a complete backup, then performed the new install on the new IIS server, pointing to a new SQL2K8 box. Once it had created the empty db, I restored my SQL2000 db over the top of it…

Thanks for your continued help with this !

Weird. The second item here though has information on how to reseed the table, if you do that you should be OK:

http://www.helpspot.com/helpdesk/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=13

Sorted, that did the trick, thanks very much indeed !!

You’ll need to change:

In extremely rare cases (we’ve seen this twice in 5 years),

to

In extremely rare cases (we’ve seen this three times in n years), now !!

Thanks again
Danny

Yes, I’ll change the wording!