HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Strange memory error

Our HelpSpot system spat out this error today:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 62833210 bytes) in /var/www/html/helpspot/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 451

Logging into the HelpSpot via the web browser, and clicking around, things looks okay, but want to check with the experts to see if this is anything we should be concerned about. I don’t think we’ve seen this error before, and we don’t know what triggered it.

Checking system RAM and disk space shows that the system is in good shape.

This looks like a really large attachment caused it or perhaps if you had a huge note string on a request but most likely an attachment.

If you’re just getting it one time it shouldn’t be an issue.

I am getting a similar message as below. Now emails are no longer been pulled into the the helpsoft system. Also logging into the admin interface, everything looks ok, but emails are not pulling in any more. I have run tasks.php many times with no luck. Still the same message.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8824203 bytes) in /home/aascargo/public_html/support/helpspot/pear/Mail/helpspot_mimeDecode.php on line 405

Any advise please.

As a follow up, the same memory error has happened 3 times the last few weeks, and we’re starting to discover that mail that should be pulling into Help Spot hasn’t been. We have a customer mailed two different ways to use around the time of the error, and the message appears nowhere on the Help Spot system, we have to track down the e-mail in our mail archive. Each time the error has been the same:

Subject: Cron apache@helpspot /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/html/tasks.php --id=1 >/dev/null

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 62833210 bytes) in /var/www/html/helpspot/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 451

Yes, it looks like a very large email. You only have 64M of PHP memory right now which is low, you can try upping it to 128M or more if your server allows. You should read this for full details on large attachments: https://www.userscape.com/helpdesk/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=34