HelpSpot Help Desk Software | HelpSpot Blog | HelpSpot Support

Time Tracker defect - changes lost when request saved

We’re using HS 2.4.7. There’s a bug in your application that’s a real pain. When using the Time Tracker, myself and our staff often click ‘Update Request’ without first clicking ‘Log Time’ to record time spent on the issue. Once that happens, the record does not reflect the time spent on the issue. Also there is no way to manually put that time back into the tracker.

Is this bug already scheduled to be fixed?

Thanks Chris. Yes, I believe this one is logged already but I’ll confirm it.

Can you confirm this will be fixed in the next release? It’s making it very difficult to manage our support resources.

Also wanted to make sure this is an OK method for manually correcting missing entries:

DECLARE @dtGMTDate INT
DECLARE @dtGMTDateAdded INT

SELECT TOP 1 @dtGMTDate = dtGMTDate,
@dtGMTDateAdded = dtGMTDateAdded
FROM HS_Time_Tracker
ORDER BY xTimeId DESC

INSERT INTO HS_Time_Tracker
(xRequest,
xPerson,
iSeconds,
dtGMTDate,
dtGMTDateAdded,
tDescription)
VALUES
(39345, – Request ID
3, – HS_Person
1800, – 30 Minutes
@dtGMTDate,
@dtGMTDateAdded,
‘Manual entry’)

Hi Chris,

Just a note, you can manually put the time back in the tracker. Just type into the time field. It accept 1.5 (one and a half hours) or 1:30 style time being entered.

We’re going to try and get a check for this in the next release, I can’t promise it at this point as it’s not yet been developed.

The best way to fix missing entries is to go into the request and manually enter them, you don’t need to use the timer just type in the box.